Join us for our first-ever Old City Instameet! We will meet at Firehouse Park (4th and Arch) for a meet and greet, then we will head out on a walk around the neighborhood highlighting some of our favorite hidden gems. The meet will conclude with a happy hour at Mac’s Tavern (must be 21+ with ID).
Tag your photos with #meetoldcity and #myoldcityphilly for a chance to win one of three awesome prizes!
GRAND PRIZE: Solo Exhibition at Philadelphia Independents
-The winner will be awarded a two month solo exhibition in 2018 (dates TBD).
SECOND PRIZE: Free Weeknight Stay at Lokal Hotel – perfect for photoshoots!
THIRD PRIZE: $25 Mac’s Tavern Gift Card
HOW TO ENTER:
-follow on Instagram @oldcityphilly, @philadelphia_independents, @stay_lokal and @macstavern_
-Tag your photo(s) of Old City, Philadelphia #myoldcityphilly #meetoldcity
-The contest will begin on Saturday, April 22nd at 1pm and end on April 29th at 11:59 pm
-The Contest Rules may be found below.
-To be eligible, you must attend the Instameet and sign in.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Contest is sponsored by the Old City District (“Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Philadelphia Independents, Lokal Hotel, Mac’s Tavern, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, contractors, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members (spouses and domestic partners, parents, children siblings, and their respective spouses and domestic partners) and/or those living in the same household of Employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Entrants must have an active Instagram account to enter.
2. Contest: To enter, sign in at the Old City Instameet between 1:00-1:15pm at Firehouse Park (4th and Race Streets) on Saturday, April 22, 2017. Follow @oldcityphilly, @philadelphia_independents, @stay_lokal and @macstavern_ on Instagram. At any time during the Contest Period, tag your photo(s) of Old City, Philadelphia with the hashtags #myoldcityphilly and #meetoldcity. Posting an entry on Instagram constitutes the poster’s acceptance of and agreement with these Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using Instagram during the Contest Period. The entry must fulfill all Contest Rules, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Further, neither Sponsor nor any other party assumes any responsibility for late, lost, illegible, misdirected or undelivered Contest entries. By entering, you accept and agree to these Contest Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and decisions of the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used for entry. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules (as they may be amended), and You represent and warrant that You meet the Contestants’ eligibility requirements. In addition,You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
5. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Saturday, April 22, 2017, 1:00pm EST and ending Saturday, April 29, 2017, 11:59pm EST. All online entries must be received by Saturday, April 29, 2017, 11:59pm EST.
6. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner of the Contest will receive a two (2) month Solo Exhibition at Philadelphia Independents. The solo exhibition’s 2018 dates will be at the discretion of Philadelphia Independents. Artwork must be ready to hang at time of exhibition. The exhibition will include two First Friday receptions. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an agreement with Philadelphia Independents prior to the solo exhibition allowing Philadelphia Independents to sell the Artwork placed in the exhibition, agreeing Philadelphia Independents shall retain 40% on the retail price of all items sold, and containing such other terms as Philadelphia Independents may deem necessary or desirable. Sponsor will not be a party to this agreement or have any liability or duties arising from it.
The Second Prize Winner will receive a complimentary weeknight stay at Lokal Hotel (room rate and taxes only). The Second Prize Winner will be selected by Lokal Hotel in its discretion. Dates to be determined, subject to discretion of Lokal Hotel.
The Third Prize Winner will receive a $25 Mac’s Tavern Gift Card and will be selected by Mac’s Tavern in its sole discretion. For a winner under 21 years of age, or whom Mac’s Tavern determines (in its sole discretion) should not be served alcoholic beverages, the Gift Card may be used for food and non-alcoholic beverages only.
Estimated value of Prizes: Grand Prize: No monetary value (Philadelphia Independents does not charge to exhibit selected artwork; but note that an exhibitor will receive 60% of the proceeds from any sales of their work, subject to applicable taxes); Second Prize: $250; Third Prize: $25.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the prize sponsors; i.e., Philadelphia Independents, Lokal Hotel and Mac’s Tavern, respectively, in their sole discretion, and may include an expiration date after which a prize may have no value. The Sponsor shall bear no responsibility for any prize, including the failure of a sponsor to furnish a prize. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Each prize is nontransferable, and may not be sold or bartered in any manner. Any and all prize-related expenses not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Rules, and which are incurred by a prize winner in claiming or using his/her prize, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor, Philadelphia Independents, Lokal Hotel and Mac’s Tavern to use Winner’s name, likeness, and tagged entry photos for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: The Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Ashley Peel of Philadelphia Independents. The Second Prize Winner will be selected by Lokal Hotel. The Third Prize Winner will be selected by Mac’s Tavern. Winners will be notified by Instagram message within five (5) days following selection of Winners. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by a winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Limit one prize per person. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (DETERMINED IN OLD CITY DISTRICT‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this Content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work by you, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Other Terms & Conditions:
The Contest is conducted in the English language and Sponsor shall not be responsible for any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in the offer, presentation or administration of the Contest. The application and interpretation of the Contest Rules, the award of prizes, and selection of the Contest Winner shall be determined by the representatives of Sponsor and may be changed or modified by such representatives at any time for any reason, and all decisions in that regard shall be in the sole discretion of such representatives and shall be final and conclusive. Entrants agree that in the event a legal authority, contest sponsor or insurer challenges the award of any prize, Sponsor shall have the sole right to determine whether or not to award such prize.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant for suspected or actual cheating and to prevent any person from participating in this Contest or in the prize award if that person does not adhere to Contest Rules or acts (a) in a manner that Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other person or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
Sponsor and its affiliates, employees, officers, directors and/or members are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Official Rules, the selection or announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You assume all risk, responsibility, and liability for any personal or bodily injury, or death, or any damage or loss of property, including but not limited to any bodily injury or death to another person, arising directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest. You further agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Sponsor and the prize sponsors, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. Sponsor and its affiliates do not make any warranties, express or implied, as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of any prize.
12. Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflict of laws principles. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before the federal or state courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Publicity: Winners will be announced on the Sponsor social media accounts and Sponsor website. The winners’ photos will be posted on the Sponsor website and Sponsor’s social media accounts. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees that entry in the Contest constitutes permission, in perpetuity, that Sponsor may use worldwide the entrant’s identity, name, Instagram name, image, likeness, and submitted entry for any purpose and in any media now or hereafter developed, including publicity and advertising purposes related to Sponsor, without any additional consideration or any compensation of any kind.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Old City District, 231 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. All inquiries concerning the Contest should be addressed to the Sponsor.
The identities of the Contest Winners may be obtained by sending a request to the Sponsor’s address above within 30 days of the end of the Contest and by including a self-addressed postage paid envelope.
16. Release: As a condition of entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that: (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; (3) entrant agrees to waive his/her right to a trial by jury; (4) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (5) without limiting any other releases in these Contest Rules, each entrant specifically releases Instagram from any damages or liability whatsoever.
17. Amendment: Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Contest Rules at any time.
18. The Contest hosted by Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering the Contest, entrant acknowledges that entrant is providing information to Sponsor and not to Instagram. To the extent that all or any portion of the Contest is entered or conducted through or by the Internet or any social media website, including Instagram (collectively “Online Media”), the Contest is subject and subordinate to all rules and regulations applicable to or required by the Online Media. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.