Trash and recycling
- Set out trash and recycling before 7 a.m. on the day of collection, but no earlier than 30 minutes before closing the previous evening.
- Use proper containers (trash cans, sealed plastic bags, dumpsters).
- Recycle flattened cardboard, mixed paper, glass, metal and plastices (#1-#7).
- Commercial properties must complete the online form at www.phila.gov/streets/CRPlan.
- On first-floor, along street front: Old City District: 215-592-7929
- Above first-floor level: call 311 or fill out a form online with the Anti-Grafitti Network
Please report any incidence of crime that you observe. Depending on the type of incident, call the appropriate agency at the numbers below and give a detailed description.
- For serious crime such as robbery, auto theft, assault or another emergency, call 911
- For the criminal intelligence unit citizen tip line, call 215-685-1137. You can report any crime here, and the call and report will be completely confidential.
- For a public nuisance that is not an emergency, call 215-686-5819.
- To report an abandoned car call 215-683-2277, or file a form online
Philadelphia Police Department
- For emergencies, Dial 911
- For non-emergencies, Dial 311
- Within six hours of the end of a snowfall or freezing rain, owners, agents and tenants must clear a path at least 36 inches wide on their sidewalks, including curb cuts.
- Do not shovel or sweep the snow into the street.
- The penalty for violating this regulation can range from a minimum fine of $50 up to $300 for each violation.
Private plows piling snow in the street after city teams have cleared the road is illegal, as well as hazardous to drivers and pedestrians.
- To report a sidewalk or curb cut that has not been cleared, call the Streets Department Customer Affairs Unit at (215) 686-5560
- Project H.O.M.E. Outreach Hotline: 215-232-1984 (24 hours)
- Sgt. Harper, Homeless Unit, Philadelphia Police Department: 215-686-3099